Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bittersweet

Today, after 3 1/2 years, I was released from my calling as YW President.  I have known for about a month and was (I thought) ready for it.  Bishop found me in the Library this morning and told me he was going through with it today.  He asked, "Are you ready for this?"  Of course I was!  Well, about 15 minutes later as he stood up there and announced it, I started to cry.   I honestly didn't expect it to be this hard. I pulled myself together and then Mandy came into the library after sacrament and gave me a hug. I just about lost it again, but was pretty busy so I had things to keep my mind off of it.  I walked down to Primary to deliver some papers and Lacey gave me a hug.  Boy! You guys know how to make a girl cry!  :)  After I finished up in the library, I decided to go home for a few minutes to pull myself together.  I was walking out the door and Brother Cronin was there...here we go again!  I talked to him for a few minutes and by the time we were done I was bawling.  I couldn't keep it in anymore.  I came home and got a box of tissues (I knew we would need them!).  The lesson in YW today was on Temples.  What a beautiful way to go out!  Heidi did a fabulous job (even though she was rushed so we could bear testimonies).  Lindsey got up and bore her testimony and then Kalia, and then I went up.  What a strong spirit in the room!!  I don't think there was a dry eye in the room.  I will miss these girls and leaders tremendously, but I know that the leaders that were called were inspired choices and they will do great.  But it is hard letting go.  For some of these young women I have been the only one they've known, and the others I have seen grow into beautiful young ladies.  I am grateful for the opportunity I have had to be associated with these girls and leaders.  I think more often than not they have been the ones to teach me.  I know that my Heavenly Father loves me.  I know that He lives.  Jesus IS the Christ!   The gospel has been such a wonderful part of my life.  I don't even want to think about where I would be without it.  I love my Ward!!!!  There are THE most AMAZING people in it!  Bishop Lamb is truly called of God and he loves us and prays for us all.  It has been a pleasure working so closely with him over the last 3 1/2 years!  I am grateful for the support and the friendship of my ward family.  I have a testimony of this gospel and I just want all my young women to know that!  (And you will always be MY young women!!)  I love you all!  :)

I am truly grateful for my husband and all the support he has given me over the years.  I am grateful for the times he listened to my worry and ventings (is there such a word?).  He is my rock.  I could not have gotten through this without him.  I am so glad that I will be able to spend more time with him.  I love you Aaron!

So, there is my bitterweet moment for today...

5 comments:

Cossebooms said...

You did a great job as the YW president. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to work with you and the girls. You are such a good example to them and they will miss you. But I know you will be great in the next calling that comes your way.

Ammon and Lindsey Teller said...

I honestly can't say anything in response to your post except that I agree 100%. Serving with the young women was amazing and sometimes I wish I was back with them. You were so awesome to work with and I'm glad I had the opportunity to work with all of the great leaders and the fun gals, as short a time as it was.

Stephanie said...

Aw Sister Davis! You are amazing! I know, personally, you helped me so much in the years you were my leader and I learned so much from you! Thank you so much for that! You will do amazing in whatever you are called to do!

Amy Rapier said...

I feel for you today! Leaving Young Women's is unbelievably hard. How grateful I am to be in your ward, you are an amazing person, and I KNOW those girls will miss you and your weekly love for them. Hang in there!

Loree said...

oh Julie, sorry to hear about your release. You were an AWESOME YW President! you should pat yourself on the back. I know moments like these are bittersweet. i can relate a little bit. not being a part of the YW program these last few months have been hard, but the Lord knows what he is doing and I trust in him. i sure love ya lady! :)