Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter on the Levee


When I was a little girl we often had Easter in Louisiana. We would go spend the night at Maw-Maw Crum's house, the Easter Bunny would bring us our goodies, and then after we woke up and got ready we would go to Aunt Ann's house. I remember all the men (and probably some of the women too) would load up in the back of a pick up truck and go down to the levee to hide the eggs. They would come back and pick us up and we would go find them. I don't know why, but this year I have really missed this. We quit doing it when I was a little girl, but I can still picture it like it was yesterday.
This isn't THE levee, but an idea of what I was talking about. And for those of you who don't know what a levee is...it is basically an embankment to keep a river from flooding the area.

No comments: